MISSION & PRINCIPLES
Sumitomo Corporation Group's Corporate Mission Statement, consisting of the Management Principles and the Activity Guidelines, is the fundamental and ultimate value standard of the Company. The Management Principles are the redefinition of Sumitomo's business philosophy, which has been cultivated over its 400 years of business history, from a contemporary and global perspective set out in a simple and clear structure. The Activity Guidelines stipulate the required behavior of the Company and its officers and employees and provide the means to realize the Management Principles.
CORPORATE MISSION STATEMENT
We aim to be a global organization that constantly stays a step ahead in dealing with change, creates new value, and contributes broadly to society.
- Corporate Mission
To achieve prosperity and realize dreams through sound business activities.
- Management Style
To place prime importance on integrity and sound management with utmost respect for the individual.
- Corporate Culture
To foster a corporate culture full of vitality and conducive to innovation.
- To act with honesty and sincerity on the basis of Sumitomo's business philosophy and in keeping with the Management Principles.
- To comply with laws and regulations while maintaining the highest ethical standards.
- To set high value on transparency and openness.
- To attach great importance to protecting the global environment.
- To contribute to society as a good corporate citizen.
- To achieve teamwork and integrated corporate strength through active communication.
- To set clear objectives and achieve them with enthusiasm.